January 22, 2011

Opening Short Story



I suppose I could have started this blog off by jumping on the attack of Amy Chua bandwagon, but I decided to share a short story from the life of the Prophet Muhammad instead. Enjoy!

'Abdullah bin Al-Haarith, radiAllahu Anhu, said: "The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, would line up the children 'Abdullah, 'Ubaidullah and Katheer, of the Tribe of 'Abbaas and say to them: 'Race towards me, and whosoever reaches me first will get something (i.e. as a reward).' So they would race towards him and jump on his back and front and he, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, would kiss and hug them." --Reported by Ahmad in al-Musnad (3/335, no 1836)

1 comment:

  1. Salam Aleikum dear sister.
    Wow well I am embarassed to say that I did not even know who Amy Chua was until 5 minutes ago. But I guess that is a whole other topic ENTIRELY and I could go in that direction but wont. LOL.
    JazakAllahkhair for the beautiful hadith and I LOVE love LUV the topic.
    Here is a nice quote I like..
    "Babies...what a beautiful way to start PEOPLE"

    ReplyDelete